If you want to know the #1 benefit of working with a real estate virtual assistant is we are constantly educating ourselves with the daily changes to how the Internet and Technology works. In the 10 years of being a real estate virtual assistant I have built some very solid friendships with REALTORS across country. We chat about what is going on with the real estate markets and by having this relationship with so many I am kept informed of what is going on everywhere.
So, today I am talking with my friend and client Sam Miller in Knox County, Ohio about Social Networking and how it has impacted our business. During this call we are going over some projects for the first quarter of 2009. One of the goals is to make sure his social networking sites are reviewed and updated. This lead to a conversation about Active Rain.
Active Rain has over 126,000 members today and membership continues to grows. As with any program you have to stay educated on what changes/updates are being made.
When viewing ActiveRain blogs have you ever noticed the “View all Real Estate listings in your area” field, which is up in the left corner of the screen, and a field for the consumer to enter their “city“. If you have never noticed this go to your blog on Active Rain then look for this field then put in your city. Notice where the link takes you – JustListed.com – all the leads from Active Rain are being passed along to HOUSEVALUES.com participating agents! Why? I have no idea, but thanks to Sam I can show you how to make sure you get the lead.
Here is how to correct this issue:
1. First make sure the home search field does not already point to your IDX. If it doesn’t then follow these instructions:
2. Log into your AR Control Panel, click on Settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and UNCHECK the box that says “Show the Listing Router search box“. Then click “Update” to save your changes
3. If you have an IDX system, follow the instructions below to set up the Listing Router Search to utilize YOUR IDX system for the cities in your MLS area. When you go into Listing Router, go down to the second item to set up….”My Markets” to route inquiries to your own IDX search for that town. You will need to add the direct link on your IDX for every town you want included, but at least the result is that those leads will come to YOU! Once that is completed, you can go back into your Settings and re-enable the search box.
4. Make sure to add your “custom link“, the very last Settings item. This will appear to the right of your name at the top of your blog. Another way to capture the leads you are generating.
5. Be sure the IDX site you are directing visitors to has a good lead capture system in place. The “Find Homes For Sale” search box will now appear at the top of your screen and will “Float” as visitors scroll through your Blog, your profile, and your individual posts. Searching for property is literally just one click away now.”
If you are not a member of ActiveRain, send me an email Kim@KimHughes.com and I will send you an invite.