While Zoom, Facetime, Skype, or whatever else you are using to connect virtually nowadays is great for meeting with people, it can seem a little different if you don’t know the person at all. How can you conduct initial meetings and make a great first impression without the initial handshake and chance to make personal eye contact? It can be done! Here are five tips to best your best face forward in your next virtual introduction meeting.
- Dress for the part. Online meetings don’t mean you should show up in your pajamas. You will feel more confident if you are dressed for success and pajama pants don’t do that. Put yourself together like you would for a face-to-face meeting. Select clothes that make you feel your best, do your hair and makeup, and present yourself professionally.
- Prepare for the meeting. What do you do before appointments to prepare? For buyers, do you research the areas and types of homes they are interested in? For sellers, do you pull information and research the property they have to sell? If you do it for traditional appointments, do the same thing for your virtual ones.
- Send the client materials in advance of the meeting or to have during the meeting. If you normally take printed materials to clients when you are meeting with them, email them to them in advance of the meeting. You could also consider mailing them the materials before the meeting if you have time to do that. When you put time into details like this, this will show a higher level of professionalism.
- Confirm the meeting in advance. Due to the different meeting formats, some people may not take it quite as seriously. Show you are serious by calling the client the day before to confirm the meeting time. This is a casual reminder and will let them know you are taking the meeting seriously.
- Practice your virtual pitch. Presenting information to a client online can be a little different than an in-person meeting. Before conducting your first virtual presentation, practice on a friend or family member so you can get more comfortable and make sure you understand the software you are using. Pick someone that will be honest about their critique and offer you good tips to make yourself look your best online.
Like anything, you will get better with practice and will learn from each presentation. After each presentation, you should feel more comfortable and you will grow your confidence as you are able to successfully deliver your message and connect with new clients.
Ready to see the benefits of having Kim Hughes and her team of professional high-level real estate assistants can help you move your business to the next level, help you become more organized so you can focus more on what is important to you. Schedule your 30-minute Strategy Call… https://go.oncehub.com/KimHughes
ANNOUNCEMENT: Have you heard? The Ultimate Expired Listing System has been a huge success for so many agents around the country. Check it out to see if it is for you. https://www.kimhughes.com/the-ultimate-expired-listing-system.
I would also like to invite you to join my exclusive Facebook Group – Real Estate Success Tools is very unique as we share tips, strategies, and more on how YOU can run a more streamlined business by implementing the tips and tools we discuss here. Join us today it will only take a couple of minutes but will change the course of your business. Go ahead…join us now. https://www.facebook.com/groups/realestatesuccesstools/
Ready to take your business to a new level? Here are some great blogs to help you get started:
How organized are you with your day? Maybe you need to hold yourself accountable for your time? I have created a 90 Day Real Estate Planner for you. Check it out. https://www.kimhughes.com/90-day-real-estate-planner/