Listing your home for sale during the COVID-19 pandemic requires that you take the same basic steps that you would take selling your home at any other time, such as cleaning, staging, and having photos taken. However, the real estate industry has changed in many ways in response to the outbreak. In order to make your home shine, you’ll have to focus on your online presence more than ever. And in order to make buyers feel safe on any in-person tours, extra cleaning measures will also need to be in place.
Getting Your Home Ready to List
It’s always important to make your home look its best before taking listing photos, but it matters, even more, when house hunters might rely solely on your listing to make up their minds.
- Spend a day deep cleaning each room of the house to make it shine.
- Be sure to remove dirt and grease from walls and ceilings by doing a thorough cleaning.
- Don’t forget curb appeal! Mow the lawn, do repairs, and remove outdoor clutter.
- Hire a professional photographer to take your listing photos so your home stands out.
Tips for Virtual Tours
COVID-19 may have halted most in-person activities, but buyers can still tour your home using alternative methods.
- Sellers can keep their search going if you allow realtors to do live video-chat tours.
- You can also use tools such as Zoom to show buyers around your home yourself.
- Even during virtual or video tours, make sure pets and kids are out of the picture.
- Be sure to do a quick cleaning session, even before video tours.
Keeping Your Home Show-Ready
While many buyers are able to decide on a home after a remote tour, some may still appreciate the chance to check out your home in person. Here’s how to prepare for safe showings.
- Keep some basic cleaning items on hand, such as Clorox disinfecting wipes.
- Post a friendly reminder in your home about practicing social distancing during tours.
- Clean any high-touch areas right before a showing takes place.
- If anyone in your home feels sick or shows symptoms of COVID-19, communicate with your real estate agent to postpone showings.
If you’re willing to adapt your approach, you can find success listing your home during the pandemic. Being mindful of buyers’ concerns is the right thing to do, but it can also help your home stand out from the competition and sell more quickly.
Ready to see the benefits of having Kim Hughes and her team of professional high-level real estate assistants can help you move your business to the next level, help you become more organized so you can focus more on what is important to you. Schedule your 30-minute Strategy Call… https://go.oncehub.com/KimHughes
ANNOUNCEMENT: Have you heard? The Ultimate Expired Listing System has been a huge success for so many agents around the country. Check it out to see if it is for you. https://www.kimhughes.com/the-ultimate-expired-listing-system.
I would also like to invite you to join my exclusive Facebook Group – Real Estate Success Tools is very unique as we share tips, strategies, and more on how YOU can run a more streamlined business by implementing the tips and tools we discuss here. Join us today it will only take a couple of minutes but will change the course of your business. Go ahead…join us now. https://www.facebook.com/groups/realestatesuccesstools/
Ready to take your business to a new level? Here are some great blogs to help you get started:
How organized are you with your day? Maybe you need to hold yourself accountable for your time? I have created a 90 Day Real Estate Planner for you. Check it out. https://www.kimhughes.com/90-day-real-estate-planner/
Connect with ME: