It’s that time of year that we all stat thinking about what we are thankful for. Let’s start with the obvious mentions like family, friends, food, a job, place to live and all the basics. Those are great choices but isn’t there so much more to life than saying you are thankful for all of these things one Thursday a year?
Do you feel fortunate most days to have a career you love that allows you to help friends, family and strangers with something as important as a place to live? Real estate is different than many careers in that you have the option and the privilege to mold your job into exactly what you want it to be. Today, let’s focus on all of the things about being a real estate agent that you can be thankful for and forget about the things (and people) that make you want to scream.
- Having a job that allows you to create a schedule that works with your lifestyle. This doesn’t mean never working but it does mean you can schedule Wednesdays off for personal appointments or schedule around commitments you have. If you are new to the business, it may be hard to take advantage of this because you want to be available when clients want you to because that is what it takes to build that business but after you build a solid business, you will learn how to manage your clients in such a way that it works for you without telling people no at least most of the time.
- Clients being willing to invite you along on one of the biggest decisions they will ever make. For most people, a house is the largest purchase they ever make. It is a privilege to be a part of that so don’t take it for granted that you are helping people make such an important decision.
- Because you are involved in such an important part of people’s lives, it’s natural that they will share personal things about themselves with you. This often leads to the development of friendships. If you enjoy getting to know people and having a large group of friends, what better way to develop relationships than helping people through such an important step.
- Are you looking for a job where you can set your own salary? This is it! While the market can play a part in this, you have the potential to make as much or as little money as you want.
- Do you want to call the shots and set the rules for your business? You can do just that in real estate. While you may have some guidelines to follow depending on the firm you work for, there is still a lot of freedom for you to determine your own path.
- When you work for someone else, they will tell you what you must do. As a real estate agent, you can determine a lot of your responsibilities. It doesn’t mean you will like every part of your career but you can make choices about what you want to spend most of your time doing and what you don’t. If you don’t like listing land for sale, don’t list it and focus on houses instead. Create the job you want not the job someone else wants you to have.
- Are you looking for a career that allows you to work from home some days or to take your work with you on vacation? You can do that in real estate. While you can’t work from home everyday (let me know if you figure out how to show houses from home), there will be many days you can take your laptop to your favorite coffee shop, read emails from your sun room or draft a contract on a layover between flights. This flexibility is priceless and something available with few jobs.
Whatever your reason for selecting a career in real estate, there are many reasons that you should appreciate your career. This doesn’t mean your job will be easy everyday but with the opportunities you have available to you, you should be thankful for the career you have selected.
Let me know if you have any questions on how to set up your mobile office and share any tips you have on this area of your business.
We just launched the Real Estate Video Library. The library offers you some of the most popular video blogs and we are constantly adding more, so make sure to bookmark the page and visit often.
The Ultimate Expired Listing System Webinar
Are you ready to get serious about working the Expired’s in your market? Are you ready to start building your inventory and put more money in the bank? I bet you are! I have been asked many of times to do a webinar for agents who struggle with the Expired Listing process, so coming soon I will be hosting a Workshop to take you through my Expired Listing System that has been a huge success for many top agents. If you would like to be the first notified just click on the link below and you will automatically go into my private list to receive the first announcement.
Ready and motivated to organize your life? The 90 Day Real Estate Planner is a must for any agent,
broker, team leader to implement into their daily lives as it will help you become more productive, find more time and be better organized. Get it today by visiting the 90 Day Real Estate Action Planner – use the COUPON CODE: PLAN18 to get your discount. This special code is for a limited time only, so take advantage of this discount today and get excited about your life becoming more organized and structured.
Are you realizing you need to tighten up your business strategies? Here at Kim Hughes & Company we are the experts when it comes to working real estate agents with start-ups, re-organizing, marketing, transaction management and so much more. Visit us at Kim Hughes and Company to download our free Real Estate Checklist. We will show you how to become a powerhouse agent so schedule a 20 minute complimentary call with Kim today and let’s get you organized and create some amazing strategies for your business.
Are we connected?:
Instagram: @KimHughesCoaching | #KimHughesCoaching
This blog is not sponsored. Some links shared in this blog may be affiliate links which mean if you use those links I may get compensation from the companies (at no cost to you). Thanks for your support.